Friday, February 11, 2005

Some interesting yet random stuff

Firstly, did anyone know that Rass Kass (the rapper) just got released from jail? Or the fact that he went to jail for 19 months? I had no idea until i read a blog by obifromthesouth, who has a really funny blog btw. I'm seriously so behind in the rap scene, i need to pick up a copy of The Source or soemthing.

Secondly, who remembers the "he's pumping up the shoes" and the no look dunk made famous by Dee Brown? . Check out Dimemag for the latest interview with the dunking legend who put Reebok pumps on the map (which incidentally are coming back)

Speaking of dunks, you gotta check out the NBA website which has selected some of the best dunks in each dunking contest era. You need a superfast computer which i thankfully have, and you can watch and review dunks Dr J, Spud Webb, Jordan, Dee Brown, Harold Miner and you'll soon have the urge to play bball and wish you had 48 inch hops.

You know how you might bet something stupid/ridiculous soemtimes to your mates yet never follow through with it? Well this guy gives new meaning to this practice by LITERALLY doing it.......find out more click here or just read below.....

" Geoff Huish, 26, was so convinced England would win Saturday's match he told fellow drinkers at a social club, "If Wales win I'll cut my balls off," the paper said.

Friends at the club in Caerphilly, south Wales, thought he was joking.
But after the game Huish went home, severed his testicles with a knife, and walked 200 yards back to the bar with the testicles to show the shocked drinkers what he had done. "


Ewwwwwwwwwww. Gross. Guess no one could say he doesn't have balls or can they? hahaha.

On a different note, I'll be starting work soon - Monday in fact. I'm contemplating several things.
1. What should i spend my first paycheck on? I'm considering spending it on a Playstation 2 or a new basketball ring (so i can practice my MJ free throw line dunk).
2. What should i wear? How should i act? Importantly, when do i get PAID!!!

Should i have majored in finance instead of accounting? Looking at the awesome jobs that Ip/Chris have, maybe i should do a course such as the Graduate Certificate at the Securities Institute. I've been eyeing it for a while and have spoken to one of their peoples (or should i say some dude who calls me up from out of the blue who tells me that i can still enrol).

Having watched the top 3 movies of 2004 at the China/HK Box Office being:
1. Kung Fu Hustle (sorta like Shaolin Soccer, watched it twice, excellent!)
2. House of Flying Daggers (sorta like Hero/Crouching Tiger)
3. World of Thieves (Romance/Thief action/Sob story)
All three were interesting and worth watching. If there is any connection is that Andy Lau is in two of them and that all involve martial arts and some romance story. Therefore, it may be possible to derive this formula: Andy Lau + Martial Arts + Side Romance Story = Asian Smash Hit.

I was thinking the other day, who is in the ALL BLAKEHURST SQUAD? That is, who are the top 5 players that ball at the Blakehurst cage, with some regard to position.

Center - Jamie: tall, really lanky, fast slashing drive, a nightmare to box out.
Forwards:
Sleepy eye: this guy really annoys me cause he constantly just steps back and drills threes like they are layups.
Kiwi guy: impossible to guard, incredible hops, drills TD bankshots.
Guards:
Baron Davis - short, compact dude with the english and the nasty handles.
Drazen - that Croatian dude with the really annoying driving hook shot/layup.

Special Mention or maybe the all blakehurst second team: Tim, Hoi, Ken, Bruno, Big Bird (but he don't play enough), Yousef, that Yugoslav guy with the glasses/kneepads/armsbands who looks like a huge nerd yet has huge game who i play with at UTS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I was a bit disappointed I didnt make the first team. I think you can pu that down to the fans. The coaches would have voted me to start :)
Half those guys are ineligble cos they havny played there in ages. The only ppl I would consider regulars right now are Drazen, Bruno, Branko, Will, Usef, Jamie, George and myself. I'm not sure who you mean by Kiwi guy. Do you mean Shane? I don't think he's a Kiwi.If you wanna make the squad, you gotta come every week man. BTW, Ken ain't on any 2nd team of mine after he got owned by Ashby one time. And if you are putting big bird on the list, he'g gotta be first team. He would f#ck jamie up. Bird has everything over him except quickness, which his extra height and length makes up for.

chrome said...

dj Dr J is "the" man. the dunks are crazy. Is that story on the severed bollocks for real? that is so crazy.

heh I don't like to dream about getting paid.

what can I say kung fu hustle rocks. I've watched it like 3/4 times.

DJ Ho said...

Tim: i didn't in big bird cause he doesn't play there enough. but i do see your point that to be eligible you need to play a certain number of games.

i was going to slot you into my first team but what can i say? you got snubbed lol

btw who is the MDP = Most Dominant player? Ashby!

Obi: I read the article which i provided a link for, and it seemed legit. I can picture some crazy drunk welshman doing that.