Thursday, February 15, 2007

One pho bo please!

Hey all,

I'm in Hanoi, Vietnam at the moment. Flew in yesterday night after a 12 hour flight. It's been really good. Hanoi is just full of peopel on bikes, hustle and bustle everywhere.

I'm staying at this Backpacker Hostel and its awesome. its got this really good vibe and i'm heaps of interesting peopel. Been hanging out with these Canadian group. I'm in a mixed dorm and were 6 Aussie chicks in my room from WA (Chuck , aren;'t you jealous?). There's 12 people in my dorm and there are only 3 guys.

I've never backpacked before i.e. stayed at a hostel, but everyone is so friendly and we hangout togather. I'm here with Tim and we just came back from a walk around the streets. The streets are just so alive here, the locals live their lives out on the streets. Squatting and eating Pho Bo (beef noodle soup), selling flowers, the town is building up for Vietnamese New Year.

I'll be going to Halong Bay, a place with awesome limestone caves, doing some snorkelling and kayaking. Only been here a day and a half and i was up to 4am on the first night walking around the city, drinking beers on the rooftop and chatting the night away.

I'm out like Pho Bo,

DJ Ho.

No comments: