Monday, September 27, 2004

You go girlfren!

Most of the performances on Australian Idol last nite were average, no real standouts. The problem is all the contestants are good but not great. However, I felt Ricki-Lee was very entertainting. Very sassy, excellent pitch, high entertainment value. Although Mark Holden (one of the judges) thought that she was short of a touchdown, I think she was a 10/10, perfect. Ricki-Lee did the Michael jackson song "I just can't get enough" and just killed it - she had the moves and the voice down pat. The song choice was great as the crowd knew the song and were singing along to it as well.

I'm making a bold prediction right now - Ricki Lee will be Australian Idol. Nite in, nite out, she just brings it. In the words of Marcia Hines, "You Go Girl Friend".

Side note: Is it just me or does it seem that people are now standing up in the crowd and dancing. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

No comments: